Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stuck in Traffic

Yesterday I was stuck on Route 202 for over two hours.  After sitting there and getting bored, I remembered that I had my camera with me.  So to amuse myself and help pass the time, I took several pictures like this one so you can see that I'm still in the same spot and time is passing.  (This is the only one of these posted here.)
This is the view outside the driver's window.  Notice the snow on the side view mirror.
As I sat there, down the shoulder of the road, over the course of the 2+ hours there came, 3 ambulances, 1 fire rescue truck, 1 fire truck, 1 police car, 1 highway salt truck and finally, one tow truck.  I didn't have my camera handy for all of them.  It was rather boring just sitting there takings pics from inside the car.
Remember the photo above and the side view mirror, here it is hours later and you can see the snow accumulation.
Hours later, the accident was cleared and we were able to proceed.  See the traffic on the other side of the highway?  They closed the Route 1oo exit ramp going north, due to icy conditions, so this traffic is from people having to take an alternative route to get to where ever they are trying to get.

No comments: